Use this page to register a Bubble.
What is a squash bubble?
A bubble consists of a maximum of six players. Players can only be part of one bubble at a time.
Players within the bubble can play full-court matches but with the following modifications and hygiene measures;
- Only two players on court at one time.
- Play best of five games.
- Play first to 11 points, sudden-death at 10-all.
- Use ‘Sides’ as a way to maintain social distancing throughout the warm-up.
- During each game, when the first player reaches six points, both players should wipe away excessive sweat, sanitise their hands and the ball. Repeat between games.
- The same player to serve / touch the ball during each half of a game, and at the halfway point, switch servers.
- England Squash strongly recommend that players should wear protective eyewear or a visor.
- Players must not touch the court walls.
- Players are not allowed to shout or raise their voice.
- All courts must be booked with the correct bubble opponent and only a bubble member registered – this will be monitored
- If a player wishes to switch bubbles, they must take a 7-day break from playing the full version of the game before joining a different bubble. ‘Sides’ or socially distanced practices can be played during this 7-day break.
The Bubble Leader should register the bubble using this page.
A Whatsapp Group for Bubble Leaders will be established. The Bubble Leader is responsible for ensuring their Bubble is maintained, notifying of any changes.
All participants will need to agree to the Bubbles Ways to Play document that will be provided for agreement by e-mail